Jill Melton from Edible Nashville journal made Vegetable Coconut Curry, and shared details about the Wholesome Consuming Problem. (see recipe beneath) Edible Nashville is providing 90 days of wholesome meal plans without spending a dime, full with recipes. Begin the Wholesome Consuming Problem right here: https://ediblenashville.ediblecommunities.com/eat/healthy-eating-challenge-week-1
Vegetable Coconut Curry
SERVINGS: 12 – 14 cups
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion diced
- 1/2 pink or inexperienced bell pepper diced
- 5 sprigs recent thyme (and for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon floor turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon floor coriander
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled butternut squash or candy potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped pink potatoes
- 12 ounces lite coconut milk or cream
- 2 carrots, sliced skinny
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1-2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar
- Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt and Black Pepper to style
1. Warmth oil in a big pot. Add onions, saute 3 minutes, add pepper, saute 3 minutes.
2. Add thyme, curry, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper, stir nicely. Add squash and potatoes. Cowl with water and convey to a boil. Cut back warmth, and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk, carrots and broccoli, and sugar. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook dinner on low 5 minutes.
4. Serve with black rice or coconut flavored quinoa and a aspect of greens.